Living Together or Living Apart
Common-Law Relationships, Marriage, Separation, and Divorce
Explains the basics of family law in BC. Includes information about:
- your rights and responsibilities if you’re married or in a marriage-like relationship,
- how spouses can work out agreements,
- how to work out arrangements for parenting if you have children,
- what to do if you decide to separate or divorce, and
- how to sort out money matters.
Also explains your legal options and where to get help, and includes a chapter for Aboriginal families and a chapter for immigrant families.
The simplified and traditional Chinese, Punjabi, and Spanish versions don't include the most recent changes and updates that appear in the English language and online French versions.