Plan now for a time when you can't decide for yourself

If there ever comes a time where you can't act independently — for example, if you get dementia, or have a stroke or car accident — someone may need to help you make decisions, or act for you.

With this guided pathway, you'll learn:

  • what key documents you can put in place now to plan for your future care
  • what's involved in preparing the documents
  • how to sign the documents so they're valid, including during COVID-19

The pathway asks you questions about your situation. Based on your answers, you'll get an action plan with step-by-step guidance to help you make and sign the key documents you need.

The pathway takes about 5 minutes to complete. It's completely private; your answers are anonymous. See our privacy policy.


Get legal help

Notaries are qualified to do personal planning documents.

Society of Notaries Public of BC
604-681-4516 (Greater Vancouver)
1-800-663-0343 (elsewhere in BC)

A lawyer can help you complete your personal planning documents.

Lawyer Referral Service
604-687-3221 (Greater Vancouver)
1-800-663-1919 (elsewhere in BC)