MyLawBC's Family Resolution Centre helps you and the other parent work together to create parenting and child support arrangements that are in the best interest of your children. If you disagree about things, a free mediator can help you work through your differences.


First, you register with the Family Resolution Centre. Then choose the parenting and/or child support arrangement options you think work best for your child.

If you want help at any time, you can ask a professional family law mediator to help you get started or unstuck.

After you propose parenting and/or child support arrangements, the other parent gets an email inviting them to the Family Resolution Centre. They can agree with the options you chose, or they can choose different options. You can negotiate with them in a chat room.

If you don't agree on every option, you can ask your mediator to help you and the other parent come to an agreement. There's a private chat room just for you and your mediator, and a shared chat room where you can chat with the other parent and your mediator together.

Once you agree about every issue, you can download your parenting and/or child support arrangements.

TIP: Your work is saved along the way. You don’t need to do it all in one sitting. Take some time to relax and think about what you want to get out of this process.

Using this guide

This guide helps you get the most out of the Family Resolution Centre.

Click Continue below to go to the next section. Or, under Quick links, click the section you want to go to.